Brothers and Sisters at North Shore Church,
As you probably know, North Shore Church is planning to reopen for gathered worship this Sunday, May 31. Because we want this worship experience to be as safe as possible for all of us, a number of measures have been taken to ensure that risk of any potential infection is minimized. Here is a list of measures that will be taken in the church before worshippers arrive this Sunday.
- The church building has been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- Toys in the nursery/toddler areas have been disinfected.
- Hand sanitizers are available and will be liberally positioned throughout all traffic areas.
- Because masks will be required for the present time, masks have been purchased for those who do not have one to wear. The exception to this will be the preacher and some of those presenting on the platform. They will have freedom to not wear masks while on the platform if they find this hindering their ministry.
- Instructional signs will be posted to inform attenders of pertinent information.
- Entrance doors will be propped open to reduce contact.
- All windows in the sanctuary will be opened to maximize airflow. As a result, it could be a little cool while worshipping so please dress accordingly.
- Use of printed materials such as bulletins, hymnals and Friendship pads will be eliminated.
- Social distancing of six feet will be observed. Every other pew will be “closed” to ensure distancing can be maintained and seating in the Fireside Room has been arranged to provide for distancing.
- An overflow room downstairs with a video hookup will be provided if we have too many worshippers to do social distancing in the sanctuary.
- Online worship will continue to be offered for those who choose not to join us in person at this time. (We will send email instructions for this as in the past).
- There will be no coffee/beverages or snacks served as we transition back to normal.
- Ushers/Greeters will be coached to help you with any safety protocols and/or answer any of your questions.
- An offering will not be taken for at least a few Sundays to minimize unnecessary contact. There WILL be an offering box placed prominently in the church in which to place your offering.
In addition to those measures, here is other pertinent information/instruction:
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home and worship with us remotely via the internet.
- Please refrain from physical contact with other worshippers unless all parties have communicated their approval for this.
- Please bring a mask if you have one. We will have masks on hand for those who need one.
- Sunday School will be offered for adults beginning at 9 am. We will conduct the class in the sanctuary to ensure appropriate distancing. There will be no other Sunday School classes offered.
- Should any of worshipper in attendance report a Corona infection subsequent to the worship service, you will be promptly notified that an infection has been reported to the church.
Please know that, at this early reopening stage, the elders have opted to err on the side of caution for your safety and as an expression of our love for you. As time progresses, we trust many of these measures will prove to be unnecessary and will be eliminated.
Please be in prayer that God would give special grace to all those who gather so we will not be unnecessarily distracted in our worship in the midst of all these additional elements.
Should you have any questions, please call the church office, or email us through the church website. Thank you. We very much look forward to returning to worship with the gathered church this Sunday!
With you in Christ,